Factory price large Cast Steel, Iron Kiln Girth Gear for ball mill
Casting & forging ability
CITICHL is the casting & forging center in central-south China, possessing 50t electric arc furnace, 60t LF ladle refining furnace, and 60t VD/VOD refining furnace, etc. We can pour 350t liquid steel 1 time and yields more than 200,000t of high quality liquid steel and can produce the high quality steel of more than 260 steel grades such as carbon steel, structural alloy steel and the structural steel, refractory steel and stainless steel of special requirement. The maximum weight of casting, gray casting, graphite cast iron and non-ferrous casting is 200t, 30t, 20t and 205t separately.
The company is the forging center in central-south China. It is very powerful in forging. The single free forging is 100t(max weight). We can roll rings of different sections of carbon steel, alloy steel, high temperature alloy and non-ferrous alloys such as copper alloy, aluminum alloy and titanium alloy. The maximum diameter is 5.5m and single piece of the forging weighs 10t. We have 8400t, 3150t, 1600t, water press and RAW 200/160-5000/750 large-size ring mill of high precision in Asia made in WAGNER, Germany.
Our girth gears Features
Module Range: 10 Module to 70 Module.
Diameter : Min 800mm to16000 mm.
Weight : Max 120 MT single piece.
Three different designs: Fabricated steel – forged ring – rolled plate
Standards/Certificates :• CZPT EN ISO • AWS • ASTM • ASME • DIN
Girth gear cutting machines
Φ16m CNC hobbing Machine
Φ12m Gear cutting machine (Switzerland)
Φ10m hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ4m CNC high speed hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ1.6m Horizontal CNC hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ5m CNC profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ2.8m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ1.25m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ1m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Specifications of Gear :
|Cast Alloy Steel, Cast Carbon Steel, Forged Alloy Steel, Forged Carbon Steel
|Integrated, Half to Half, Four Pieces and More Pieces
|Quenching & Tempering, Normalizing & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching & Tempering
|Annular Gear, Outer Gear Ring
|ISO, EN, DIN, AISI, ASTM, JIS, IS, GB
Inspection and Test Outline of Girth Gear:
After Heat Treatment
|Sample(Test Bar on the Gear Body)
|After Heat Treatment
|During Heat Treatment
|Heat Treatment Report
Curves of Heat
|Tooth Surface, 3 Points Per 90°
|After Heat Treatment
|Hardness Teat Report
|After Semi Finish
|After Semi Finish
|Magnetic Power Test (MT)
|After Finish Gear
|After Rough Machining
|After Semi Finish
|No Defect Indicated
|Agreed Anti-rust Agent
|Agreed Packing Form
Facilities For Manufacturing Gear ring:
|Smelting & Casting Capability
40t ,50t, 80t Series AC Electric Arc Furnace
2×150t, 60t LF Ladle Refining Furnace
150t, 60t Series VD/VOD Furnace
20×18m Large Pouring Facility
We can pour 900t refining liquid steel one time, and achieve vacuum poured 600t steel ingots.
We can produce the high quality steel of more than 260 steel grades as carbon steel,structural alloy steel and the structural steel, refractory steel and stainless steel of special requirement. The maximum weight of casting steel, gray casting, graphite cast iron and non-ferrous casting is 600t, 200t, 150t and 20t separately.
The only one in the word, the most technologically advanced and the largest specification18500t Oil Press, equipped with 750t.m forging operation machine
8400t Water Press
3150t Water Press
1600t Water Press
Φ5m High Precision Ring Mill ( WAGNER,Germany)
Φ12m High Precision Ring Mill
We can roll rings of different sections of carbon steel, alloy steel, high temperature alloy steel and non-ferrous alloys such as copper alloy, aluminum alloy and titanium alloy. Max. Diameter of rolled ring will be 12m.
|Heat Treatment Capability
|9×9×15m,8×8×12m,6×6×15m,15×16×6.5m,16×20×6m ,7×7×17m Series Heat Furnace and Heat Treatment Furnaces
φ2.0×30m,φ3.0×5.0m Series Heat Treatment Furnaces
φ5.0×2.5m,φ3.2×1.5m,φ3.0×5.0m,φ2.0×5m Series Carburizing Furnaces & Nitriding Furnaces & Quenching Bathes
φ2.0×30m Well Type CNC Electrical Furnaces
Φ3.0×5.0M Horizontal Gas Temperature-differential Furnace
Double-frequency and Double-position Quenching Lathe of Pinion Shaft
|1. ≥5m CNC Heavy Duty Vertical Lathes
12m CNC Double-column Vertical Lathe
10m CNC Double-column Vertical Lathe
10m CNC Single-column Vertical Lathe
6.3m Heavy Duty Vertical Lathe
5m CNC Heavy Duty Vertical Lathe
|2. ≥5m Vertical Gear Hobbing Machines
15m CNC Vertical Gear Hobbing Machine
10m Gear Hobbing Machine
8m Gear Hobbing Machine
5m Gear Hobbing Machine
3m Gear Hobbing Machining
|3. Imported High-precision Gear Grinding Machines
0.8m~3.5m CNC Molding Gear Grinding Machines
|4. Large Boring & Milling Machines
220 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
200 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
160 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
|According to Customer′s Requirement
|Toothed Portion Shape:
What lubrication is required for ring gears?
Proper lubrication is essential for the optimal performance and longevity of ring gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of the lubrication requirements for ring gears:
- Type of Lubricant: The type of lubricant used for ring gears depends on various factors, including the application, operating conditions, and gear design. Common lubricants for ring gears include gear oils, grease, and synthetic lubricants. Gear oils are specifically formulated for gear systems and provide excellent lubrication and protection against wear. Grease is often used in applications where the gear system operates at lower speeds or requires higher viscosity lubrication. Synthetic lubricants offer enhanced performance, durability, and resistance to extreme temperatures and loads.
- Lubricant Properties: The lubricant chosen for ring gears should possess certain properties to ensure effective lubrication. These properties include high film strength, good thermal stability, resistance to oxidation, and anti-wear characteristics. The lubricant should also be compatible with the materials used in the ring gear system to prevent damage or degradation of the gear surfaces.
- Viscosity: Viscosity is an important consideration when selecting lubrication for ring gears. Viscosity refers to the thickness or resistance to flow of the lubricant. It is crucial to choose a lubricant with the appropriate viscosity to ensure proper lubrication film formation between the gear teeth. If the lubricant’s viscosity is too low, it may not provide sufficient lubrication, leading to increased wear. Conversely, if the viscosity is too high, it may cause excessive friction and energy loss. The recommended viscosity range is typically specified by the gear manufacturer or industry standards.
- Lubrication Method: The lubrication method for ring gears can vary depending on the specific application and gear system design. For enclosed gear systems, such as gearboxes or sealed housings, lubrication is typically performed by filling the housing with the recommended lubricant to the appropriate level. In open gear systems, such as large industrial gears, lubricant application methods may include spray systems, drip lubrication, or circulation systems. The lubrication method should ensure sufficient coverage and distribution of the lubricant to all gear surfaces.
- Lubrication Frequency: Regular lubrication maintenance is crucial to keep ring gears properly lubricated. The frequency of lubrication depends on the operating conditions, gear system design, and the lubricant used. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations or industry standards regarding lubrication intervals. Regular inspections should also be conducted to monitor the lubricant condition, check for contamination, and replenish or replace the lubricant as needed.
- Environmental Considerations: Environmental factors, such as temperature, moisture, and contamination, can affect the performance of the lubricant and the ring gears. It is important to consider these factors when selecting the lubricant. Extreme temperatures may require lubricants with enhanced thermal stability, while exposure to moisture or harsh contaminants may necessitate lubricants with better resistance to corrosion or water washout.
To ensure the proper lubrication of ring gears, it is advisable to consult the gear manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines. They can provide specific information regarding the suitable lubricant type, viscosity range, lubrication method, and maintenance practices for the particular ring gear system.
How does a ring gear impact the overall efficiency of a system?
A ring gear plays a significant role in the overall efficiency of a system. Here’s a detailed explanation of how a ring gear impacts system efficiency:
- Power Transmission: Ring gears are responsible for transmitting power from one component to another within a system. They facilitate the transfer of rotational energy and torque between gears, shafts, or other drivetrain elements. The design and quality of the ring gear, along with its meshing with other gears, directly affect the efficiency of power transmission. Well-designed and properly maintained ring gears minimize energy losses due to friction, misalignment, or backlash, resulting in higher overall system efficiency.
- Friction and Wear: The interaction between the ring gear and other gears or components introduces friction, which can lead to energy losses and reduced efficiency. The smoothness of the gear surfaces, the quality of the lubrication, and the design of the gear teeth profile all influence the amount of friction generated. High-quality ring gears with proper lubrication and optimized tooth profiles can minimize friction and wear, thereby improving system efficiency by reducing energy losses.
- Mechanical Losses: In any gear system, there are inherent mechanical losses due to factors such as gear meshing, rolling resistance, and internal friction. These losses can impact the overall efficiency of the system. The design and quality of the ring gear, including factors such as gear tooth geometry, material selection, and surface finish, can help minimize mechanical losses. By reducing these losses, the ring gear contributes to improved system efficiency.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears play a critical role in distributing loads within a system. They help evenly distribute the forces and torque applied to the gear system, preventing localized overloading and reducing the risk of premature component failure. Proper load distribution achieved through well-designed ring gears ensures balanced operation, minimizes stress concentrations, and optimizes the system’s overall efficiency.
- Backlash and Precision: Backlash refers to the play or clearance between the gear teeth when they change direction. Excessive backlash can result in inefficient power transmission, reduced accuracy, and increased wear. Ring gears with tight tolerances and precise manufacturing help minimize backlash, ensuring smooth and efficient operation. By reducing backlash and maintaining precise gear meshing, the ring gear contributes to improved system efficiency and accuracy.
- System Integration and Compatibility: Ring gears must be properly integrated into the overall system design and be compatible with other components. The alignment, mounting, and proper engagement of the ring gear with other gears or components are crucial for efficient operation. Misalignment or compatibility issues can lead to increased friction, wear, and energy losses. A well-integrated ring gear that is compatible with the system’s requirements contributes to improved overall efficiency.
- Maintenance and Lubrication: Regular maintenance and proper lubrication of the ring gear are essential for maintaining efficiency. Adequate lubrication reduces friction, wear, and heat generation, promoting efficient power transmission. Regular inspections, lubricant analysis, and timely lubricant replenishment or replacement help ensure optimal performance and efficiency of the ring gear and the overall system.
Overall, the design, quality, maintenance, and proper integration of the ring gear within a system significantly impact its efficiency. Through minimizing friction, reducing mechanical losses, optimizing load distribution, and ensuring precise operation, a well-designed and properly maintained ring gear contributes to improved overall system efficiency.
What are the applications of ring gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, have a wide range of applications across various industries and mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of ring gears:
Ring gears are commonly used in numerous applications where rotational motion, torque transmission, and load distribution are essential. The unique design and characteristics of ring gears make them suitable for a variety of mechanical systems. Here are some common applications of ring gears:
- Automotive Transmissions: Ring gears are extensively used in automotive transmissions, particularly in automatic and manual transmissions. They are part of the gear train that transfers rotational motion and torque from the engine to the wheels. Ring gears in automotive applications are typically large in size and designed to handle high torque loads.
- Differential Systems: Ring gears play a crucial role in differential systems found in vehicles. The differential assembly allows the wheels on an axle to rotate at different speeds while distributing torque evenly. Ring gears form an integral part of the differential assembly, enabling torque transfer and speed differentiation between the drive wheels.
- Planetary Gear Systems: Ring gears are a fundamental component in planetary gear systems, which are widely used in various applications. Planetary gear systems consist of a central sun gear, planet gears, and a ring gear. The ring gear serves as the outer ring that meshes with the planet gears and the sun gear. Planetary gear systems offer high gear ratios, compactness, and versatility, making them suitable for applications such as automotive transmissions, industrial machinery, and aerospace systems.
- Industrial Machinery: Ring gears find extensive use in industrial machinery for power transmission, motion control, and speed regulation. They are employed in equipment such as gearboxes, speed reducers, hoists, conveyors, and rotary tables. Ring gears enable efficient torque transmission, precise motion control, and load distribution in these industrial applications.
- Robotics and Automation: Ring gears are utilized in robotics and automation systems for precise motion control and synchronization. They can be found in robotic arms, automated assembly lines, CNC machines, and other robotic applications where accurate positioning and precise motion are critical. Ring gears provide the necessary torque transmission and gear reduction required for precise robotic movements.
- Power Generation: Ring gears are used in power generation equipment, such as wind turbines and hydroelectric generators. They form part of the gearboxes that convert the rotational motion of the turbine or generator rotor into electrical energy. Ring gears in power generation applications need to handle high torque loads, operate reliably, and provide efficient power transmission.
- Heavy Machinery and Construction Equipment: Ring gears are employed in heavy machinery and construction equipment, including excavators, cranes, mining equipment, and agricultural machinery. They facilitate the transmission of power and torque for various functions, such as lifting, digging, and material handling. Ring gears in these applications are designed to withstand high loads, rugged environments, and demanding operating conditions.
These are just a few examples of the applications of ring gears. Their versatility, load-carrying capacity, compact design, and ability to achieve high gear ratios make them suitable for a wide range of mechanical systems across industries.
The specific design, size, and material selection of ring gears may vary depending on the application requirements, operating conditions, and performance specifications.
editor by CX 2023-09-12