Gear Machining High Precision Wear-Resistant External Gear Ring Gear
Gear ring is composed of a flange half coupling with external gear and an internal gear ring with the same number of teeth. The external gear is devided into drum shaped gearand spur gear.The drum shaped nylon internal gear ring is to make the external gears into a spherical surface. The spherical surface center is on the gear axis, and the gear side clearance is larger than that of ordinary gears. The drum shaped nylon internal gear ring coupling can allow large angular displacement (relative to the straight gear coupling), which can improve the contact conditions of the teeth, improve the ability to transmit torque, and extend the service life.
1. Produce strictly in accordance with ANSI or DIN standard dimension
2. Material: Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Brass, Bronze, Iron, Aluminum Alloy etc
3. Bore: Finished bore
4. Precision grade: DIN 5 to DIN 7
5. Surface treatment: Carburizing and Quenching
6. Module: From 1 to 8
7. Tooth: From Z15 to Z70
|OEM, drawings or samples customize
|Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, S45C, SCM415, 20CrMoTi, 40Cr, Brass, SUS303/304, Bronze, Iron, Aluminum Alloy etc
|Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……
|Conditioning, Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,High frequency quenching, Tempering, Blackening, QPQ, Cr-plating, Zn-plating, Ni-plating, Electroplate, Passivation, Picking, Plolishing, Lon-plating, Chemical vapor deposition(CVD), Physical vapour deposition(PVD)…
|Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request
|Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc
|Customer Drawings & ISO standard
|Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order
|Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping
|Printing Equipment Industry, Laser Equipment Industry, Automated Assemblyline Industry, Woodening Industry, Packaging Equipment Industry, Logistics storage Machinery Industry, Robot Industry, Machine Tool Equipment Industry
Packaging & Shipping
|Polyethylene bag or oil paper for each item;
Pile on carton or as customer’s demand
|Delivery of Samples
|By DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT, EMS
|10-15 working days as usual, 30days in busy season, it will based on the detailed order quantity.
|North America, South America, Eastern Europe , West Europe , North Europe, South Europe, Asia
|How to order?
|* You send us drawing or sample
|* We carry through project assessment
|* We give you our design for your confirmation
|* We make the sample and send it to you after you confirmed our design
|* You confirm the sample then place an order and pay us 30% deposit
|* We start producing
|* When the goods is done, you pay us the balance after you confirmed pictures or tracking numbers.
|* Trade is done, thank you!!
If you are interested in our products, please tell us which materials, type, width, length u want.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Packaging Machinery
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Are there different types of ring gears available?
Yes, there are different types of ring gears available to suit various applications and functional requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation of the different types of ring gears:
- External Ring Gears: External ring gears, also known as external annular gears, have teeth on the outer circumference of the gear. These gears mesh with an internal gear or a pinion gear. External ring gears are commonly used in applications where the gear rotation needs to be transferred to an internal gear or where a high gear ratio is desired.
- Internal Ring Gears: Internal ring gears, also known as internal annular gears, have teeth on the inner circumference of the gear. These gears mesh with an external gear or a pinion gear. Internal ring gears are frequently used in applications where the gear rotation needs to be transmitted to an external gear or where a compact gear assembly is required.
- Segmental Ring Gears: Segmental ring gears are ring gears that are divided into segments or sectors. Each segment has a portion of the gear’s circumference with teeth. These segments can be individually mounted or assembled together to form a complete ring gear. Segmental ring gears are used in applications where flexibility in gear installation or replacement is necessary, such as large-scale gear systems or machinery with limited access.
- Spur Ring Gears: Spur ring gears have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear’s axis of rotation. These gears offer simple and efficient operation with high gear ratios. Spur ring gears are commonly used in applications that require precise motion control, such as robotics, automotive transmissions, and industrial machinery.
- Helical Ring Gears: Helical ring gears have teeth with a helix angle. The helical teeth form a helical or spiral pattern around the gear’s circumference. Helical ring gears provide smoother and quieter operation compared to spur ring gears due to the gradual engagement of the teeth. They are often used in applications that demand high torque transmission, such as heavy machinery, marine propulsion systems, and power generation equipment.
- Bevel Ring Gears: Bevel ring gears have teeth that are conically shaped and intersect the gear’s axis of rotation. These gears are used in applications that require the transmission of motion and torque between shafts that are not parallel but intersect at an angle. Bevel ring gears are commonly found in automotive differentials, hand tools, and various industrial machinery.
- Planetary Ring Gears: Planetary ring gears are part of planetary gear systems, which consist of multiple gears arranged in a planetary configuration. The ring gear serves as the stationary outer gear, while other gears, such as sun gears and planet gears, revolve around it. Planetary ring gears are used in applications that require compact and efficient gear systems, such as automotive transmissions, robotics, and aerospace mechanisms.
The specific type of ring gear chosen for a particular application depends on factors such as load requirements, space limitations, gear ratios, operating conditions, and desired performance characteristics.
How does a ring gear impact the overall efficiency of a system?
A ring gear plays a significant role in the overall efficiency of a system. Here’s a detailed explanation of how a ring gear impacts system efficiency:
- Power Transmission: Ring gears are responsible for transmitting power from one component to another within a system. They facilitate the transfer of rotational energy and torque between gears, shafts, or other drivetrain elements. The design and quality of the ring gear, along with its meshing with other gears, directly affect the efficiency of power transmission. Well-designed and properly maintained ring gears minimize energy losses due to friction, misalignment, or backlash, resulting in higher overall system efficiency.
- Friction and Wear: The interaction between the ring gear and other gears or components introduces friction, which can lead to energy losses and reduced efficiency. The smoothness of the gear surfaces, the quality of the lubrication, and the design of the gear teeth profile all influence the amount of friction generated. High-quality ring gears with proper lubrication and optimized tooth profiles can minimize friction and wear, thereby improving system efficiency by reducing energy losses.
- Mechanical Losses: In any gear system, there are inherent mechanical losses due to factors such as gear meshing, rolling resistance, and internal friction. These losses can impact the overall efficiency of the system. The design and quality of the ring gear, including factors such as gear tooth geometry, material selection, and surface finish, can help minimize mechanical losses. By reducing these losses, the ring gear contributes to improved system efficiency.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears play a critical role in distributing loads within a system. They help evenly distribute the forces and torque applied to the gear system, preventing localized overloading and reducing the risk of premature component failure. Proper load distribution achieved through well-designed ring gears ensures balanced operation, minimizes stress concentrations, and optimizes the system’s overall efficiency.
- Backlash and Precision: Backlash refers to the play or clearance between the gear teeth when they change direction. Excessive backlash can result in inefficient power transmission, reduced accuracy, and increased wear. Ring gears with tight tolerances and precise manufacturing help minimize backlash, ensuring smooth and efficient operation. By reducing backlash and maintaining precise gear meshing, the ring gear contributes to improved system efficiency and accuracy.
- System Integration and Compatibility: Ring gears must be properly integrated into the overall system design and be compatible with other components. The alignment, mounting, and proper engagement of the ring gear with other gears or components are crucial for efficient operation. Misalignment or compatibility issues can lead to increased friction, wear, and energy losses. A well-integrated ring gear that is compatible with the system’s requirements contributes to improved overall efficiency.
- Maintenance and Lubrication: Regular maintenance and proper lubrication of the ring gear are essential for maintaining efficiency. Adequate lubrication reduces friction, wear, and heat generation, promoting efficient power transmission. Regular inspections, lubricant analysis, and timely lubricant replenishment or replacement help ensure optimal performance and efficiency of the ring gear and the overall system.
Overall, the design, quality, maintenance, and proper integration of the ring gear within a system significantly impact its efficiency. Through minimizing friction, reducing mechanical losses, optimizing load distribution, and ensuring precise operation, a well-designed and properly maintained ring gear contributes to improved overall system efficiency.
What industries commonly use ring gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, are utilized in various industries due to their unique characteristics and capabilities. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use ring gears:
- Automotive Industry: Ring gears are extensively used in the automotive industry. They are a crucial component in automotive transmissions, differential systems, and steering mechanisms. Ring gears help transmit torque and rotational motion, enabling smooth shifting of gears and efficient power transfer in vehicles.
- Aerospace Industry: The aerospace industry relies on ring gears for various applications. They are used in aircraft engines, landing gear systems, actuation mechanisms, and aerospace gearboxes. Ring gears provide reliable and precise motion control in critical aerospace systems.
- Industrial Machinery: Ring gears find wide applications in industrial machinery, including heavy machinery, manufacturing equipment, and power generation systems. They are used in gearboxes, speed reducers, and other power transmission systems. Ring gears enable efficient torque transfer and motion control in industrial settings.
- Robotics: Ring gears play a significant role in robotics and automation. They are employed in robotic joints, manipulator arms, and motion control systems. Ring gears provide precise and smooth rotation, allowing robots to perform intricate tasks with accuracy and repeatability.
- Power Generation: Ring gears are utilized in power generation equipment such as wind turbines, hydroelectric generators, and steam turbines. They are part of the gearbox systems that convert the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electrical energy. Ring gears enable efficient power transmission and adaptability to varying load conditions.
- Heavy Equipment and Construction: The heavy equipment and construction industry extensively use ring gears in equipment like excavators, cranes, loaders, and bulldozers. They are vital for the operation of the drivetrain and hydraulic systems, enabling controlled movement and power transfer in demanding construction environments.
- Marine Industry: Ring gears are employed in various marine applications, including ship propulsion systems, marine winches, and steering mechanisms. They provide reliable torque transfer and motion control in marine vessels, ensuring efficient navigation and maneuverability.
- Renewable Energy: Ring gears are utilized in renewable energy systems such as solar tracking systems and tidal power generation. They enable the precise tracking of solar panels and the efficient conversion of tidal forces into electrical energy.
The diverse applications of ring gears across these industries highlight their versatility and importance in various mechanical systems. The specific design, size, and material selection of ring gears may vary depending on the industry requirements and operating conditions.
editor by CX 2023-09-28