Helical gear supplier for heavy machine features:
|42CrMo, 20CrMnMo, 20Cr2Ni4, 35CrMo, 20CrMnTi and
Other high intensity alloy steel
|Tooth flank carburization and nitrification, with rigidity of HRC58-62
|Precise measurement and surface finishes are available
|High dense alloy or other materials is also available
|customer drawing and samples are welcome
|It is used in automobile, oil drilling rig, and so on.
|Special Woody Carton
|270PCS per month
|For special order, please write and provide drawing sample
HangZhou CHINAMFG Metallurgy Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise registered in HangZhou City of ZheJiang Province, which is mainly engaged in the design and manufacture of spare parts for metallurgy equipment, hoisting machinery, oil drilling rigs, and heavy decelerator boxes.
Our company boasts a professional team who is full of vitality, with high efficiency, and industry minded. Our R& D technicians are highly skilled with rich experience, and possess strong design and development capabilities. There are 2 experts in our company who enjoy the state special allowance. We have carried out broad cooperation with renowned factories and design institutes both at home and abroad.
With advanced design, outstanding manufacturing crafts and vigorous management, the whole manufacturing process of our company is conducted by strictly implementing strict quality management system. Our products are widely used by a great number of steel plants in China and exported overseas, where they have received high praise from our customers.
By following the enterprise philosophy of innovation, quality and creating value for the clients, our company is constantly bringing in advanced technologies from home and abroad. We are committed to taking the enhancement of product quality, safety and reliability as our responsibility and striving for providing high quality products and perfect services to the clients.
HangZhou CHINAMFG Metallurgy Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd. Warmly welcomes you to be our distinguished clients and friends.
Packaging & Shipping
Best Services For You
1) We can provide OEM service and design lable for you
2) We can pack the goods according to your requirement
3) We test the quality of all products before delivery
4) We guarantee our reply in 24 hours of working day
5) We can communicate with you in different languages
6) High quality, best price, punctual shipment, good after-sale service will be guaranteed.
Q: What information should I provide if I want to order the products?
1) Product information: Quantity, specification
2) Delivery time required.
3) Shipping information: Company name, address, phone number, destination seaport/air port.
4) Forwarder’s contact details if there is any in China.
Q: How about your payment terms?
A: 30% -50%deposit, with the balance before delivery, we accept T/T and L/C at sight.
Q: Can I use our own logo?
A: Yes, we can produce by using your own logo if you need.
Q: How about sample & MOQ policy?
A: Welcome sample order. MOQ can be 1 set.
Q: What is your lead time for your goods?
A: Normally 30 days after confirmed order,
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Are there different types of ring gears available?
Yes, there are different types of ring gears available to suit various applications and functional requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation of the different types of ring gears:
- External Ring Gears: External ring gears, also known as external annular gears, have teeth on the outer circumference of the gear. These gears mesh with an internal gear or a pinion gear. External ring gears are commonly used in applications where the gear rotation needs to be transferred to an internal gear or where a high gear ratio is desired.
- Internal Ring Gears: Internal ring gears, also known as internal annular gears, have teeth on the inner circumference of the gear. These gears mesh with an external gear or a pinion gear. Internal ring gears are frequently used in applications where the gear rotation needs to be transmitted to an external gear or where a compact gear assembly is required.
- Segmental Ring Gears: Segmental ring gears are ring gears that are divided into segments or sectors. Each segment has a portion of the gear’s circumference with teeth. These segments can be individually mounted or assembled together to form a complete ring gear. Segmental ring gears are used in applications where flexibility in gear installation or replacement is necessary, such as large-scale gear systems or machinery with limited access.
- Spur Ring Gears: Spur ring gears have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear’s axis of rotation. These gears offer simple and efficient operation with high gear ratios. Spur ring gears are commonly used in applications that require precise motion control, such as robotics, automotive transmissions, and industrial machinery.
- Helical Ring Gears: Helical ring gears have teeth with a helix angle. The helical teeth form a helical or spiral pattern around the gear’s circumference. Helical ring gears provide smoother and quieter operation compared to spur ring gears due to the gradual engagement of the teeth. They are often used in applications that demand high torque transmission, such as heavy machinery, marine propulsion systems, and power generation equipment.
- Bevel Ring Gears: Bevel ring gears have teeth that are conically shaped and intersect the gear’s axis of rotation. These gears are used in applications that require the transmission of motion and torque between shafts that are not parallel but intersect at an angle. Bevel ring gears are commonly found in automotive differentials, hand tools, and various industrial machinery.
- Planetary Ring Gears: Planetary ring gears are part of planetary gear systems, which consist of multiple gears arranged in a planetary configuration. The ring gear serves as the stationary outer gear, while other gears, such as sun gears and planet gears, revolve around it. Planetary ring gears are used in applications that require compact and efficient gear systems, such as automotive transmissions, robotics, and aerospace mechanisms.
The specific type of ring gear chosen for a particular application depends on factors such as load requirements, space limitations, gear ratios, operating conditions, and desired performance characteristics.
How do you prevent backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism?
Preventing backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism is crucial for ensuring accurate and precise operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to prevent backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism:
- Precise Gear Design: The design of the ring gear and associated gears should be carefully engineered to minimize backlash. This involves selecting appropriate tooth profiles and gear geometry that promote proper meshing and minimize clearance between the gear teeth. The gear design should consider factors such as tooth thickness, pressure angle, and tooth contact ratio to achieve optimal gear meshing without excessive play.
- Tight Manufacturing Tolerances: Close manufacturing tolerances are essential to reduce backlash in a ring gear mechanism. The gear components, including the ring gear and mating gears, should be produced with high precision to ensure accurate tooth dimensions and minimize any gaps or play between the gear teeth. Tight manufacturing tolerances help achieve a tighter meshing fit, reducing backlash and gear play.
- Proper Gear Alignment: Accurate alignment of the ring gear and mating gears is crucial for minimizing backlash. The gears should be properly aligned along their axes to ensure precise engagement and minimize any misalignment that can contribute to play. Adequate alignment can be achieved through careful assembly techniques, such as using alignment fixtures, proper shimming, and precision measurement tools.
- Preload or Pre-tension: Applying preload or pre-tension to the ring gear mechanism can help reduce backlash and gear play. Preload involves applying a slight compressive force or tension to eliminate any clearance or gaps between the gear teeth during operation. This can be achieved through various methods, such as using spring-loaded components, adjustable shims, or axial preloading devices.
- Optimized Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for reducing friction and minimizing gear play. Lubricants with appropriate viscosity and film strength should be used to ensure smooth gear operation and reduce any unwanted movement or play between the gear teeth. Regular lubricant maintenance, such as monitoring oil levels and replenishing or replacing lubricants as needed, helps maintain optimal lubrication conditions and minimize backlash.
- Mechanical Backlash Compensation: In some applications, mechanical compensation mechanisms can be employed to actively compensate for any residual backlash. These mechanisms can include systems with adjustable clearances, anti-backlash devices, or dual-gear arrangements that counteract the effects of backlash. Mechanical backlash compensation techniques can help maintain precise positioning and eliminate any undesired play in the gear mechanism.
By implementing these measures, it is possible to significantly reduce or eliminate backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism. Careful gear design, tight manufacturing tolerances, proper alignment, preload or pre-tension, optimized lubrication, and mechanical compensation techniques all play a role in ensuring accurate and precise operation of the ring gear mechanism.
How do ring gears differ from other types of gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, possess distinct characteristics that set them apart from other types of gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of how ring gears differ from other gears:
- Tooth Configuration: The most significant difference between ring gears and other gears is their tooth configuration. In a ring gear, the teeth are located on the inside circumference of a circular ring, whereas in other gears such as spur gears, helical gears, and bevel gears, the teeth are present on the outer surface of the gear. This internal tooth arrangement makes ring gears unique and allows them to mesh with pinion gears or other external gears.
- Gear Assembly: The assembly of ring gears differs from other gears. In most cases, ring gears are used in combination with pinion gears or other external gears. The pinion gear meshes with the teeth on the inside of the ring gear. This gear set configuration enables the transmission of rotational motion and torque.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute the load over a larger area compared to other types of gears. The load is spread across the internal teeth of the ring gear, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and enhanced gear durability. This load distribution characteristic makes ring gears suitable for applications that involve high loads or continuous operation.
- Gear Ratio: Ring gears offer specific advantages in terms of gear ratios. They are commonly used in applications where high gear ratios are required. The gear ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the ring gear compared to the number of teeth on the mating gear (such as a pinion gear). The internal tooth configuration of the ring gear allows for larger gear diameters, enabling higher gear ratios to be achieved.
- Space Utilization: Ring gears provide a compact design compared to some other types of gears. The internal tooth arrangement allows for a more space-efficient gear assembly. This compactness is advantageous in applications where space is limited or where a high gear ratio needs to be achieved within a confined area.
- Applications: Ring gears are commonly used in automotive transmissions, differential systems, planetary gear systems, industrial machinery, robotics, power generation equipment, and heavy machinery. Their unique characteristics make them suitable for applications that require precise motion control, load distribution, and high gear ratios.
It’s important to note that the specific design, tooth profile, material selection, and manufacturing techniques may vary for different types of gears, including ring gears. Each type of gear is designed to meet specific application requirements, operating conditions, and performance needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-13